Mar 26, 2008

Prince on Solid Gold (and more)

Its way past my bedtime and way past the point where I could write anything coherent.Instead I'll paste a link to one of my favorite music info blogs, Idolator. This link will take you to a place you need to be. A place where a New Yorkish-cool music blog dissects a copy of Spin Magazine from 1990. You will be treated to a list of the most commonly used words in Madonna's lyrics as well as those of Paula Abdul, Tracy Chapman and Guns And Roses. How original Guns and Roses seems compared to the rest!

http://www.idolator.com/371807/project-x-spins-35-rock-lists-compiled-by-spin

(sorry I think you'll have to copy and paste if you want to go here)

The site continually alerts me to things that are missing in my life. Like this clip from "Solid Gold" circa 1983. According to Spin Magazine, on "January 29, 1983 Prince appeared on Solid Gold. Prince brought his entire stage set-up, complete with lights, ramps and backdrop, not to mention eight backing musicians, and then lip-synced '1999.'" Enjoy.

No comments: