May 6, 2008

Santogold - L.E.S Artistes (video)

Often, when I put new songs on my Ipod and press shuffle, I hear a song and don't really know much about who it was or the name. So when I kept hearing this song in my shuffle, I was pretty sure it was Tegan and Sara. The voice sounds similar, I think. Someone at work thought she sounded a lot like Cyndi Lauper. Santogold is Santi White, a girl who dabbles in New Wave, Reggae, and Indian influences to make a really interesting fun mix of sounds.I think I like her better than the artist she's being compared to most. I got the CD this weekend...really good all the way through. Here is her myspace page, in case you want to hear more : Santogold

1 comment:

jason said...

Hey, I've seen this before...somewhere....and liked it.

But then you probably could figure that out already.